AFNO is a non-profit membership organization; enrollment requires membership, which is valid for 1 year and is non-refundable after class begins.
Minimums, Cancellation & Shortened Duration
Classes that do not meet minimum (5) are canceled at least 3 business days before start date. If you registered in a cancelled course, we notify you, with the option to transfer, or to be credited/refunded. An alternative is shortened class duration. All coursework will still be covered.
Payment Due at Registration: Cash, Check, Visa or MasterCard. Returned Check Fee: $35
Payment Plan: Declined payments are considered reason to not offer continuation of plan. Declined payments due within 5 days or student is withdrawn.
Withdrawals & Tuition Refunds/Credits Policy Class withdrawals must be made to the office, with request for a refund or credit.
Refunds / Credits: Credit is valid for 1 year from date of issue. Credits can only be converted to refunds within 3 months of payment.
- WITHDRAWAL BEFORE CLASS BEGINS: Withdrawals made at least FIVE days prior to first class are refunded/credited 100%. If less than FIVE days, same credit/refund amount applies as if canceled after first class (see below).
- WITHDRAWAL AFTER CLASS BEGINS:
- Regular/Accelerated/Kids classes: After first class, prior to second: 90% credit / 70% refund. After second class, prior to third: 80% credit / 50% refund. After third class, no refunds: 50% credit if made prior to the mid-term of the session only. *After session mid-term, no refunds/credit.
- Thematic/Conversation classes: After first class, prior to second class: 80% credit / 60% refund. After second class: 60% credit / 40% refund. * After the third class, no refunds or credits will be issued.
- Fast-Track 2 Week Classes: After first class, prior to second: 80% Credit/30% refund. After second, prior to third: 70% credit only. No refund or credit after 3rd class.
- Workshops and “Mini” Session: Refunds only will be issued for cancellations FIVE days prior to the workshop. 50% Credit if less than FIVE days prior.
By registering for a class, students accept the above policies.
The student may make up class by attending an alternate class, in the same session, after informing the AFNO Office, who will arrange with the teacher. Credits/refunds will not be granted for missed classes. Students should contact teachers via email to obtain missed work.
A minimum of 6 hours of lessons must be purchased at a time. Once purchased, private lessons must be used within a one-year period. For a cancellation or a change of appointment, notice must be received at least 24 hours in advance, or payment will be applied. An appointment may not be rescheduled frequently and contracts may be cancelled.
All transfers from one course to another or to private lessons must be done within the first two weeks of the session and approved by AFNO. Any additional tuition or fees resulting from a course transfer are payable at the time the change is made.
A student may transfer from Group classes to Private tutoring, or vice versa. As Private tutoring is charged at a higher rate, students switching from Group classes into Private tutoring must pay the difference in rate per hour. Students switching from Private to Group classes may apply any pre-paid lessons toward the group rate and must be made by the second week of the Group class.
Very rarely, it’s necessary to substitute a teacher. Refunds are not allowed due to such adjustments.
Online Placement test is required for all prospective students who have any background with French, with possible follow-up by AFNO.